PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO THE AUSTRALIAN WOOL FASHION AWARDS.
1. The entry form and entry fee/s must be received at Level 1, 3 Fitzroy Street by the date noted on the website enter page in order for you to receive your entry number and instructions. On receipt of your entry fee an entry number will be allocated and sent to you.
No refunds unless deemed appropriate by TAWFA Board.
2. Garments must be received at the TAWFA office by the date noted on the website enter page.
NO COD deliveries.
3. Judging and presentation night will be noted on the website enter page.
4. Your name must NOT appear on any garment, accessory or portfolio. On receipt of your entry fee an entry number will be allocated and sent to you. Tags showing this number must be sewn onto the rear lining. Please mark all accessories (shoes, hats, etc.) with this number. If a garment or item is not marked it may not be returned.
5. Garments must be made to standard woman's wear as per commercial pattern sizes: 10, 12 only. Menswear must be sizes S, M or L.
Garments not complying may not be paraded.
Your entry is a competition garment not to be made to your own measurements.
6. Garments must have sewn in hanging tapes in skirts, trousers, strapless & one shouldered dress/gowns.
7. Each garment must be made from a minimum of 80% merino wool.
Wool blend fabrics such as wool denim must be used in conjunction with fabrics with a higher wool content.
Other fabrics can be incorporated into your entry as can leather, fur, lace, beads.
8. All reasonable care will be taken with your entry but no liability will be accepted for loss or damage to any garment or accessory in the custody of
The Australian Wool Fashion Awards, or for the insurance and transport to and from The Australian Wool Fashion Awards.
9. Entries will be returned in your original packaging, please ensure it will withstand the return journey.
All entries will be returned COD Post.
We find the Australia Post boxes strong.
To ensure we send your garment in the correct box, please LABEL THE BOX with your entry number.
10. Garments are displayed by models chosen by TAWFA.
11. The Australian Wool Fashion Awards reserves the right to utilise photos and videos of the garments at any time now or in the future.
12. The Australian Wool Fashion Awards will have a number of promotional activities throughout Australia. Your entry/entries may not be returned until later in the year. PLEASE NOTE: Your garments MAY not be returned for other competitions or school parades. NO garments or accessory will be taken at any time without permission.
13. Prizes will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Judges. No correspondence will be entered into. If, in the opinion of the Judges, entries in a section or class do not meet the required standard, no award will be made in that section or class.
The Judges reserve the right to reclassify entries. Prize monies will be payed within 12 months of the TAWFA presentation night.
14. A detailed portfolio giving dressing instructions , with a photograph, special details associated with the construction, i.e. handwoven, dyed, hand knitted or the use of several patterns must be provided.
15. All matters relating to the conduct of The Australian Wool Fashion Awards are at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors and Leonnee Pty Ltd.
16. Secondary Students are welcome to enter the open sections with a separate garment but will be judged accordingly.
17. A maximum of one hundred entries only will be chosen by the Judges for the parade, all entrants will be advised prior to Awards Presentation night.
18. No entrant is allowed backstage before or after Presentation Night without prior permission and under no circumstances will garments or accessories be given out after the Parade.
19. Bluey Merino active & outdoor wear award terms & conditions:
Travel expenses to Melbourne
Accommodation & Meals Melbourne
Travel expenses to Walcha NSW
Accommodation & Meals Walcha NSW
Commercial Production to utilise Bluey Merino Fabrics and current production processes
Limited Release of Garment quantities will apply
Designers commission will apply for garments sold online – 15% of Retail Value (up to 12 months)
Commercial design decisions reside with Bluey Merino
Level 1, 3 Fitzroy Street, Tamworth NSW 2340 Australia
BOOK A SITE coming soon
BOOK NOW coming soon
PO Box 699 Tamworth NSW 2340 Australia
EXHIBIT KIT coming soon
EXHIBITION PLAN coming soon
AWARDS & PRIZES
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TEACHER & STUDENT INFO
© 2016 The Australian Wool Fashion Awards.